[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Mark Wass <mark dot wass at Market dash Analyst dot com>
 To:  Chris Buechler <cbuechler at gmail dot com>
 Cc:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] SMTP and NAT
 Date:  Thu, 04 May 2006 11:52:59 +1000
Hi Chris

 >Is there any NAT involved, or are the public IP's assigned directly on
the DMZ systems?

There is no NAT in the DMZ. My ISP routes to my 203.xxx.xxx.xxx network
(I'm using Advanced outbound NAT)

 >Can the systems on the DMZ get out to the Internet properly?

Yes they can access the net ok

What appears to be happening is that when a packet destined for port 25
hits my WAN IP it automatically sends it to the NAT rule, thus the
packet hits my mail server on the LAN.

In my WAN rules I have at the top of the list a rules that says allow
access to port 25 at IP 203.xxx.xxx.bb1 (my new mail server), I thought
this would get executed first and then any NAT rules (NAT rules followed
below this one).

Mark