[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "Paul Dugas" <paul at dugas dot cc>
 To:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  External AP vs Internal card?
 Date:  Mon, 1 May 2006 09:59:29 -0400 (EDT)
I've got a Soekris 4800 at a site that want's to add WiFi support.  I've
considering attaching an external AP to the unused 3rd Ethernet interface
or installing a card in the unused mini-PCI slot.  While I believe the
external AP approach will be simpler to install and cheaper (I think), I'm
wondering about the managability side of things.  I've never used the AP
feature within m0n0.  The WiFi will only be used to access the WAN and to
VPN into the LAN.  We'll use WEP but nothing more complicated than that.

Is there a prefered approach here?

TIA,

Paul
--
Paul Dugas, Computer Engineer           Dugas Enterprises, LLC
paul at dugas dot cc     phone: 404-932-1355   522 Black Canyon Park