[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "Jurgen van Vliet" <jurgenvv at xs4all dot nl>
 To:  <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Subject:  Performance with many concurrent connections trough trafficshaper
 Date:  Fri, 5 May 2006 09:25:26 +0200
Hi Folk,

Im wondering if anyone has some real life experience with using m0n0wall for
*many* concurrent connections trough trafficshaper.
The machine I am going to run it on is a pentium 4 celeron , 256 Mb mem,
Intel Gb nics.

The idea is to use it for an wireless isp that is expecting thousands of
users, so im wondering how many concurrent sessions I can run trough the
m0n0wall with traffic shaper enabled without running into problems like
memory buffers orso.
I am allready planning to use the /boot/loader.rc setting set
kern.ipc.nmbclusters=32768 and version 1.22 of m0n0wall.

Any experience or benchmark results welcome :)

Regards,

Jurgen van Vliet