[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "Lee Sharp" <leesharp at hal dash pc dot org>
 To:  <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] Web GUI unlisted URL
 Date:  Sun, 7 May 2006 01:47:33 -0500
From: "Tortise" <tortise at paradise dot net dot nz>

> Many thanks, yes that's it, is it documented as I could not find it!

That got me looking.  First I searched the local copy of the manual I saved
as a single page.  Found only status.php, and only by searching for
"status.php."  (Not too helpful.  But it was an old copy, so I went to the
new single page manual.  Much easier to save locally to search when the
firewall is done and you can't brows the web... <Doh!>  Search again...
Found it only in the same place;

19.6.1. Reading raw IPFilter logs
If all else fails and you need to determine exactly which rule is dropping
the traffic, go to status.php...

I found exec.php all over, but still only by searching for it.

16.5.3. Using Static ARP
16.18. Can I access a shell prompt?
19.9.1. Shared IRQ's

So here is a formal vote for a "Hidden Settings" section.  It can also
include the hidden config.xml stuff.  It is bad when you have a hard time
looking for stuff you know about.  The poor newbies don't have a chance. ;-)

                        Lee