[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "Lee Sharp" <leesharp at hal dash pc dot org>
 To:  "m0n0wall" <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] PPP Help
 Date:  Sun, 7 May 2006 16:59:47 -0500
From: "Robert Dukes" <rbdukes at gmail dot com>

I am replying back to the list so that others can assist as well.  You
replied only to me.

> Sorry as I am trying to say I need to be able to use pppoe from a static
> ip
> and get to mono then it will give me an a server ip of 192.168.100.1 and a
> client ip of 10.10.10.xx
> Then allow me to talk to a 10.10.10.xx network along with getting on to
> the
> internet.

This makes more sense, and it is a much bigger problem.  Most PPPoE is all
dynamic IP address, and that is how m0n0wall works it.  What ISP are you
using, as someone else on the list may have a solution for that ISP.

> So my layout on the mono
>
> the wan port has 85.113.211.83
> my lan port has ip of 192.168.0.1
>
> What I have is AP on the 10.10.10.xxx netowork which can now only be
> access
> by setting my nic card on my pc to 10.10.10.xx ip the nI can talk to all
> the
> radios.

You need to enable DHCP on your OPT1 port.  This is under DHCP Server, and
the opt1 tab.

> But I want t osetup a pppoe so I can just login using pppoe to get a
> 10.10.10.xx network and the same time get the internet.

If your ISP requires PPPoE, than when m0n0wall does it, it is done for
everything downstream.  You will not need to do it on the clients.

> if you have a way to make this work with your scheme I can use that.

It sounds like you have more than one problem, so we need to address them is
steps.  First, lets get the m0n0wall box working on the internet.  Then we
can work on wireless.  Or vice versa, as you decide.

                        Lee