[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "Robert Dukes" <rbdukes at gmail dot com>
 To:  "Lee Sharp" <leesharp at hal dash pc dot org>
 Cc:  m0n0wall <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] PPP Help
 Date:  Mon, 8 May 2006 02:18:55 +0400
Lee I guess I am not too clear :)

I am the ISP I have AP radios setup all over the city.
what I am trying to get done is this.
1) Monowall is working fine on the internet no issues with this part

I want to be able to access my radios network from remote.

1) I setup monowall wan port to have ip of 85.113.211.83
this get the mono on the internet.
2)I setup mono lan with 192.168.0.1 this let me see my ineternal network and
work on my local lan when I am in the offiice.
3) I have a radios network i need to get to from outside the office. Like
remote back to monowall using PPTP with ip 85.113.211.81
 this get me in to the monowall box.
4)Now get in my PPTP setting server ip 192.168.100.1 cleint ip 10.10.10.xxx
but i can get access to my radios.
but when I am in the office I can access the radios simple inputing the
10.10.10.xx in my nic.

So I need to do some routing in mono to let a user who pptp in using
85.113.211.81 then he get ip 10.10.10.xx pptp server ip 192.168.100.1
We need to monitor the radios AP from remote when we are not in the office.

On 5/8/06, Lee Sharp <leesharp at hal dash pc dot org> wrote:

> From: "Robert Dukes" <rbdukes at gmail dot com>
>
> I am replying back to the list so that others can assist as well.  You
> replied only to me.
>
> > Sorry as I am trying to say I need to be able to use pppoe from a static
> > ip
> > and get to mono then it will give me an a server ip of 192.168.100.1 and
> > client ip of 10.10.10.xx
> > Then allow me to talk to a 10.10.10.xx network along with getting on to
> > the
> > internet.
>
> This makes more sense, and it is a much bigger problem.  Most PPPoE is all
> dynamic IP address, and that is how m0n0wall works it.  What ISP are you
> using, as someone else on the list may have a solution for that ISP.
>
> > So my layout on the mono
> >
> > the wan port has 85.113.211.83
> > my lan port has ip of 192.168.0.1
> >
> > What I have is AP on the 10.10.10.xxx netowork which can now only be
> > access
> > by setting my nic card on my pc to 10.10.10.xx ip the nI can talk to all
> > the
> > radios.
>
> You need to enable DHCP on your OPT1 port.  This is under DHCP Server, and
> the opt1 tab.
>
> > But I want t osetup a pppoe so I can just login using pppoe to get a
> > 10.10.10.xx network and the same time get the internet.
>
> If your ISP requires PPPoE, than when m0n0wall does it, it is done for
> everything downstream.  You will not need to do it on the clients.
>
> > if you have a way to make this work with your scheme I can use that.
>
> It sounds like you have more than one problem, so we need to address them
> is
> steps.  First, lets get the m0n0wall box working on the internet.  Then we
> can work on wireless.  Or vice versa, as you decide.
>
>                         Lee
>
> > On 5/7/06, Lee Sharp <leesharp at hal dash pc dot org> wrote:
> >>
> >> From: "Robert Dukes" <rbdukes at gmail dot com>

> >> Well, not that new.  You have posted the exact same message 3
> times.  The
> >> fact that no one has responded should tell you something about your
> >> question.

> >> OK so far.

> >> What is PPP?  Point to Point Protocol can refer to many things, and it
> >> m0n0
> >> it could be PPPoE or PPPtP, or perhaps something else.  You need to
> tell
> >> us
> >> what.

> >> Why? Is this a PPtP server address?  Why did you pick one outside your
> >> scope?

> >> Now you are back in your scope?

> >> The reason I have not responded to the last requests for help, is that
> >> can't figure out what the heck you are doing.  First you need to define
> >> your
> >> problem.  Posting your config.xml might help as well.
> >>
> >>                         Lee

> > --
> [...]

Robert Dukes