[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]
 From:  "Lee Sharp" <leesharp at hal dash pc dot org>
 To:  "m0n0wall" <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] PPP Help
 Date:  Sun, 7 May 2006 17:30:37 -0500
From: "Robert Dukes" <rbdukes at gmail dot com>

> Lee I guess I am not too clear :)

Or it could be a somewhat "unusual" setup. ;-)

> I am the ISP I have AP radios setup all over the city.
> what I am trying to get done is this.
> 1) Monowall is working fine on the internet no issues with this part

> I want to be able to access my radios network from remote.

First question is how are the radios connected to m0n0wall?  Direct
connecting?  (Ethernet, fiber, leased line frame relay...)  VPN?

> 1) I setup monowall wan port to have ip of
> this get the mono on the internet.
> 2)I setup mono lan with this let me see my ineternal network
> and
> work on my local lan when I am in the offiice.
> 3) I have a radios network i need to get to from outside the office. Like
> remote back to monowall using PPTP with ip
> this get me in to the monowall box.
> 4)Now get in my PPTP setting server ip cleint ip
> 10.10.10.xxx
> but i can get access to my radios.

First problem here.  These addresses don't match.  For example, here is my
config.xml for PPtP.  (My LAN network is

> but when I am in the office I can access the radios simple inputing the
> 10.10.10.xx in my nic.

You tunnel is messed up.

> So I need to do some routing in mono to let a user who pptp in using
> then he get ip 10.10.10.xx pptp server ip
> We need to monitor the radios AP from remote when we are not in the
> office.

Lost me again here.  <and we were doing so well...> :-)