[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Alex Neuman van der Hans <alex at nkpanama dot com>
 To:  MonoWall-General List <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Date:  Mon, 08 May 2006 08:19:01 -0500
I got an e-mail today from the mailing list claiming that it couldn't
deliver mail to my account. It seems that one of the IP addresses
(62.2.215.148) used to send e-mail from the list doesn't have a reverse
DNS entry.

I don't know what the subscriber base to this list does regarding their
e-mail, but I *do* know that there is an increasing number of sites that
are stricter on RFC1912 compliance (things like having a PTR record,
etc.), so maybe the list server's admins should contact their ISP to
avoid being blocked by sites that require RDNS.

Thanks...

Alex