[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "Don Munyak" <don dot munyak at gmail dot com>
 To:  "Mark Wass" <mark dot wass at market dash analyst dot com>
 Cc:  m0n0wall <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] Upgrade to 1.22 and IPSEC
 Date:  Mon, 8 May 2006 12:32:08 -0400
On 5/7/06, Mark Wass <mark dot wass at market dash analyst dot com> wrote:
> Hello m0n0wall users
>
> I am currently using m0n0wall 1.2 and would like to upgrade to 1.22. I
> am making good use of IPSEC VPN between 2 m0n0wall production routers
> and would like to ask a some questions before I upgrade.
>
> 1. Is there anyone out there successfully using m0n0 1.22 on two routers
> doing multiple IPSEC tunnels between them?

Yes/no... I have two office currently setup for an IPSEC tuneel betwen
offices, using ver 1.22. I have yet to make it work. See my other post
shortly. I have ver 1.21 at another client site working fine.

> 2. Has anyone encountered any issues doing IPSEC tunneling on 1.22
> between 2 m0n0wall routers?

Yes (I think) ver 1.21 auto created the ESP filter. Ver 1.22 did not
create the ESP filter, atleast in my case, I had to add it to the WAN
Rules listing.

> 3. Can I easily revert back to 1.2 via the same upgrade firmware process
> if something goes wrong?

I think so, just keep a copy of your xml config file from 1.21 before
upgrading to 1.22. If it fails, reflash the router with 1.21 and
import your saved config file.

~ Don