[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  =?ISO-8859-1?Q?Andr=E9_Marascalchi_Zenun?= <andre dot zenun at gmail dot com>
 To:  Lee Sharp <leesharp at hal dash pc dot org>
 Cc:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] m0n0wall and router/nat devices!
 Date:  Mon, 08 May 2006 13:58:40 -0300
Well from the default configuration of m0n0wall I just have enabled the
Captive Portal and change the Wan firewall rule to me be able to browse
the webGUI from the wan side.

The modem that I'm using is the NR041 Linksys Router. This modem can be
configured of two different ways. As a Gateway and as a Router. When I
enable it as a Router I'm not able to browse any website, but if I
configure it as a Gateway I'm able to access the websites!

I have tried with other modem and works fine! I think this was a
configuration issue from the linksys router!

Thanks!! ;)

Lee Sharp escreveu:

>> I'm interested in use m0n0wall as a gateway in a network that will be
>> deployed soon! I'll have around 1000 users. I'm concerned because I
>> have made a test here and I was unable to use an router/nat device
>> with m0n0wall. With the router/nat I can't browse any site! Without
>> this router/nat the computer works fine and I can access the internet!
>
> We need more information.  I run router/nat devices both behind, and
> in front of m0n0wall all the time.  So, what device, and what settings
> have you changed on the m0n0wall from default?
>
>                        Lee

andre dot zenun at gmail dot com

Tel: +55 48 9115-5569

msn  ---------- andre dot zenun at ebaplc dot com