[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "Lee Sharp" <leesharp at hal dash pc dot org>
 To:  <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] m0n0wall and router/nat devices!
 Date:  Mon, 8 May 2006 12:49:46 -0500
> Well from the default configuration of m0n0wall I just have enabled the
> Captive Portal and change the Wan firewall rule to me be able to browse
> the webGUI from the wan side.

> The modem that I'm using is the NR041 Linksys Router. This modem can be
> configured of two different ways. As a Gateway and as a Router. When I
> enable it as a Router I'm not able to browse any website, but if I
> configure it as a Gateway I'm able to access the websites!

Simple.  As a gateway, it does NAT.  So m0n0wall knows how to get to it and
does not care what is behind it.  As a router, it does not do nat.  You will
need a static route to m0n0wall to include the subnet behind the linksys.
(And of course the IP addresses scope must be different.

> I have tried with other modem and works fine! I think this was a
> configuration issue from the linksys router!

Kinda... :-)
                            Lee