[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "Holger Bauer" <Holger dot Bauer at citec dash ag dot de>
 To:  "jan gestre" <m0n0wall dot list at gmail dot com>, "MonoWall-General List" <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Subject:  RE: [m0n0wall] changing ethernet cards
 Date:  Sat, 6 May 2006 20:59:49 +0200
First backup your config.xml.

Then replace all cards. m0n0wall will recognize the changed nics and will ask to reassign them at
the shell. It should keep the old config.

If that doesn't work for some reason assign your nics at shell and note what you set for wan, lan,
dmz. Then edit the config.xml manually and replace the old nic names with the new nic names in the
sections lan, wan, opt1. Reupload it and you should be up with the old configuration but the new
nics.

I have done this already moving configs from pc-systems to embeddeds without any issues.

Holger

Virus checked by G DATA AntiVirusKit