[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Shaun Sutterfield <shaun at prointegrations dot com>
 To:  Grant Robinson <jgrantr at gmail dot com>
 Cc:  m0n0wall list <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] Public LAN IP's with WAN IP on a different subnet
 Date:  Mon, 08 May 2006 12:26:19 -0700
Grant Robinson wrote:
> What I have not tried is the bridging, but it sounds like one side of
> the bridge needs to not have an IP address, which is not really what I
> am looking for here.

I think bridging *is* what you're looking for.  This is how I set it up
at one of my client's sites whose WAN IP was within the same subnet as
his LAN. (well, actually in his case it's OPT1, he uses NAT on his LAN)

You are right that with bridging only one interface will have an IP, but
that just means M0n0 will use the same IP (the WAN IP) on both
interfaces.  Is there a particular reason you need M0n0 to have two IPs
in the same subnet?

- Shaun