[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "Kristian Shaw" <monowall at wealdclose dot co dot uk>
 To:  "Grant Robinson" <jgrantr at gmail dot com>, <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] Public LAN IP's with WAN IP on a different subnet
 Date:  Mon, 8 May 2006 20:58:10 +0100
Hello,

As you have real IP you need to enable 'Advanced Outbound NAT'. This will
effectively disable NAT and allow the m0n0wall to correctly route the public
IPs.

The WAN device (120.20.232.1 in your example) needs to have a route for the
120.20.130.160/27 subnet with 120.20.233.181 as the gateway. If the device
is provided by your ISP they may need to do this for you.

Alternately, you may have some success with proxy ARPing. Try adding proxy
ARP entries in for your LAN addresses/subnet. This may remove the need for a
route to be put on the WAN device (120.20.232.1).

I don't believe that bridging is what you need as you have two distinct
subnets. Bridging is normally used when you only have one subnet and you
don't want to split it further (as with a /29).

Regards,

Kris.