[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "Grant Robinson" <jgrantr at gmail dot com>
 To:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] Public LAN IP's with WAN IP on a different subnet
 Date:  Mon, 8 May 2006 15:10:00 -0600
On 5/8/06, Kristian Shaw <monowall at wealdclose dot co dot uk> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> As you have real IP you need to enable 'Advanced Outbound NAT'. This will
> effectively disable NAT and allow the m0n0wall to correctly route the public
> IPs.

I have already done that, and it still does not work.

> The WAN device (120.20.232.1 in your example) needs to have a route for the
> 120.20.130.160/27 subnet with 120.20.233.181 as the gateway. If the device
> is provided by your ISP they may need to do this for you.

The ISP is already routing the 120.20.130.160/27 subnet to my WAN IP address.

> Alternately, you may have some success with proxy ARPing. Try adding proxy
> ARP entries in for your LAN addresses/subnet. This may remove the need for a
> route to be put on the WAN device (120.20.232.1).

I have confirmed with the ISP that proxy ARP is not needed.  I have
tried it with proxy ARP turned on and turned off, and it doesn't work
either way.

--
Grant Robinson
jgrantr at gmail dot com