[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  =?UTF-8?B?SXNww6Fub3ZpdHM=?= Imre <imre dot ispanovits at gmail dot com>
 To:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] changing ethernet cards
 Date:  Sat, 6 May 2006 21:24:05 +0200
On Sun, 7 May 2006 02:50:21 +0800
"jan gestre" <m0n0wall dot list at gmail dot com> wrote:

> i have monowall installed and running for quite some time now without any
> problems, however when i installed it i used old and slow ethernet cards,
> now that we purchased a new and faster ethernet cards i want to replaced the
> old ones. i'm afraid to mess up the working configuration especially my
> DMZ/NAT services, if you were me guys, what would be the first card that i
> should replace? WAN? LAN? DMZ?
>
> need you expert opinions guys.
>
> TIA
Just backup your configuration, edit it for the new card and restore it.
When the machine reboots after restore, switch it off before boots in, change
the card and power on. In this way it will reboot with the card recognized
correctly. If you don't know what the new card will be recognized, you can
check it with the live cd version.
Imre