[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Robert Lindsley <me at robertlindsley dot com>
 To:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  M0n0wall with Netgear GA311
 Date:  Mon, 8 May 2006 20:50:39 -0700
Hi there,

I am a noob trying to get m0n0wall set up, and I'm having an issue.
Here's the story:

I have two NICs, a Netgear GA311 and a RealTek 8139.  From what the
bootup sequence looks like, the RealTek card is being give the ID of
rl0.  But it doesn't seem to recognize the GA311.  I don't know if
this is important, but when I plug the network cable into the Netgear
card, it lights up (seemingly) correctly.

My bigger problem is that I keep getting a "No up-link detected"
error when I try to autodetect.  So, I thought I would try and type
in the interface name directly, at which point I came upon this
discovery.  I think it might be related, but I'm not sure.  I have
searched the forums, but haven't yet found anything helpful.

Is there anything I need to do to get m0n0wall to recognize the
Netgear card?  Or is there something else that I am missing?

Does anybody have any thoughts?  Can you reply to me, as I'm not on
this list.

Thanks!  Hopefully this isn't too stupid a question....

Robert--