[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "Holger Bauer" <Holger dot Bauer at citec dash ag dot de>
 To:  "KH Lau" <KH dot Lau at wongswec dot com>, <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Subject:  RE: [m0n0wall] PPTP only one can be access?
 Date:  Tue, 9 May 2006 10:28:17 +0200
This should be a faq (don't know if it already is in there but it pops up quite frequently at the
ml):

You can't go with multiple PPTP-clients through a m0n0 to the same PPTP-Server. The PPTP-Protocol
doesn't NAT very good and it would need some kind of Proxy to inspect the packets and devide the
different sessions again as they are established between the same public IPs at both ends.

However, you can go through a m0n0 with different PPTP-Clients to different PPTP-Servers at the same
time.

This is a limitation and there is no fix for this unless a PPTP-Proxy is integrated into m0n0.

Holger

Virus checked by G DATA AntiVirusKit