[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "Grant Robinson" <jgrantr at gmail dot com>
 To:  "m0n0wall list" <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] Public LAN IP's with WAN IP on a different subnet
 Date:  Tue, 9 May 2006 13:22:21 -0600
On 5/8/06, Chris Buechler <cbuechler at gmail dot com> wrote:

> From what you describe, I'd be willing to bet it is a routing issue,
> and on your ISP's end.  It sounds like they probably aren't actually
> routing that subnet to your WAN IP.

You were correct.  They had some problems that they finally fixed.
Now I have another problem.

> You can try doing a traceroute from the Internet somewhere to your WAN
> IP, and another to one of your LAN IP's.  I'm guessing the LAN IP's
> aren't going to end up taking the same path (after a point).
>
> In this situation, it's definitely best to route and not bridge.

Well, I can now do a traceroute to my WAN IP address and the LAN IP
address that is assigned to m0n0 (so both those IP addresses are on
the same m0n0 box), but now any traceroutes into the LAN subnet stop
at my WAN IP address.

I've already added firewall rules, is there something else I am missing?

--
Grant Robinson
jgrantr at gmail dot com