[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "Neil A. Hillard" <m0n0 at dana dot org dot uk>
 To:  =?iso-8859-1?q?Andr=E9_Marascalchi_Zenun?= <andre dot zenun at gmail dot com>
 Cc:  m0n0wall <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] DHCP server on OPT interfaces
 Date:  Tue, 9 May 2006 21:34:20 +0100
Hi,

<andre dot zenun at gmail dot com> writes
>Hello folks! It's possible to enable DHCP on the OPT interfaces using a
>different network from the LAN or WAN interfaces?
>
>Have any one done this before? Any tips about how to do it? Or I may
>use and external DHCP server?

Yes, entirely possible.  I'm using it on my m0n0wall (actually on OPT3,
OPT1 is bridged with WAN and OPT2 isn't in use at the moment).  Just go
into the 'DHCP Server' menu option, click on the interface and tick the
'Enable DHCP server on OPT1 interface' option after making sure that the
DHCP pool is appropriate.

HTH,

                                Neil.