[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Alex Neuman van der Hans <alex at nkpanama dot com>
 Cc:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] OT: FreeNAS
 Date:  Tue, 09 May 2006 16:57:01 -0500
Only problem I've seen so far is supporting unnaturally large FAT32
partitions.

Even though most people think FAT32 maxes out at 32GB (because of the
artificial limitation imposed by XP tools), FAT32 can actually do
volumes of up to some ludicrous amount (like one byte short of a
terabyte or something) and hold files of up to 4GB (again minus one
byte). I tried FreeNAS and it works great, unless you want to hook up
that spare 250GB external USB drive you have lying around formatted
using FAT32 so it could be read&written by Linux/MacOS.