[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Mark Schoonover <schoon at amgt dot com>
 To:  'Kevin Tollison' <kevin at kwtassoc dot com>, m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  RE: [m0n0wall] OT: FreeNAS
 Date:  Tue, 9 May 2006 18:53:34 -0700
Kevin Tollison <mailto:kevin at kwtassoc dot com> tapped at Tuesday, May 09, 2006
1:58 PM:

> Has anyone tried this yet.  I plan to try it this weekend.  Looks
> like they
> have taken the design of m0n0wall and created a NAS.  Looks pretty
> cool.
>
> http://www.freenas.org/

I'm looking at this as well for a couple of 6TB NAS. A few things come to
mind, no NIS and if you're using 3Ware, none of the 3Ware tools are
available. So, that's on my todo list here these next couple of weeks. 3Ware
first then I'll take a look at NIS, of which I know next to nothing about.

Mark