[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "Chuck Mariotti" <cmariotti at xunity dot com>
 To:  <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Subject:  Asterisk VoIP Quality Horrible...
 Date:  Wed, 10 May 2006 14:34:53 -0400
I finally got my Asterisk box operational but now the quality of the
voice is very poor.

I am hosting email, web sites and some VPN on my 3MBit DSL connection.

I have setup the default Traffic Shaper Wizard settings using 1500Kbit/s
Down and 180KBit/s Upload Pipes...

I get nothing but stutter...

I put two WAN rules for my internal IP address for ALL protocols:

WAN  *  *  192.168.1.134  m_High Priority #1 Upload  All Asterisk - Up
WAN  *  *  192.168.1.134  m_High Priority Download  All Asterisk - Down

but still the quality is poor...

I basically would like to make this the highest priority and get down to
no stutter...

Is it better to put in my VoIP provider's subnet instead?

Any suggestions?

Regards,

Chuck