[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "Chuck Mariotti" <cmariotti at xunity dot com>
 Cc:  <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Subject:  Replacing my Router with Monowall?
 Date:  Wed, 10 May 2006 15:06:25 -0400
Okay,

Many, many years ago... I setup my connection.

Multiple public IP addresses I needed both the router and Firewall...

At the time, there was very little to use as a firewall or router that
was open source and appliance based (I wasn't interested in using a
Linux install).

To make a long story short, I'm starting at my Alcatel DSL Router, My
Linksys 8 Port Gateway/Router (routing my IP Addresses) and my Monowall
firewall... And I'm thinking there has to be an easy way to remove the
Linksys from the picture.

At the moment, the Linksys just routes public IP addresses from it's WAN
to LAN.

Can this be done easily using Monowall? If so, how?

Regards,

Chuck