[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Kevin Brown <kevin dot brown at cogeco dot ca>
 To:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Forwarding inbound WAN packets
 Date:  Wed, 10 May 2006 22:03:43 -0400
Hello all,

I am having some problems using m0n0wall 1.22 on a WRAP board (dual
ethernet) as a router between two private subnets.  Any sort of incoming
packets on the WAN device are disregarded and not forwarded.  I have the
firewall set as wide open as possible (all pass on the WAN and LAN) and
NAT is turned off.  Devices on the LAN side have no problem talking to
the WAN devices.  The devices on the WAN side (their default gateway is
pointing to this router) can ping the WAN IP fine, but cannot even reach
the LAN IP of the router.

This seems like an incredibly simple problem and I imagine I'm
overlooking a simple step.  I know that all I really need is a base
FreeBSD/OpenBSD/Linux install with IP forwarding enabled but m0n0wall is
just so darned pretty (and the other IT's prefer the web management for
simplicity's sake).

Basically, in conclusion, what do I have to do to get incoming packets
to the WAN interface to forward to the LAN?

Thanks in advance,
Kevin Brown.