[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "Baity F" <holycarp00 at hotmail dot com>
 To:  paulharvey at sanmar dot com, m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  RE: [m0n0wall] Vongage VOIP Traffic Shaper
 Date:  Wed, 10 May 2006 21:24:21 -0700

>I tried the traffic shaper wizard, and checked P2P as the lowest but it
>caused some issues with incoming udp rules that I have setup.

Honestly, with my Vonage PAP2 I have merely used the Magic Shaper Wizard,
removed ALL download shaping (because I didn't want to limit my cable
connection's burst-ability), and gave it "m_High Priority #3 Upload"
priority but placed after all the other high priority #3 uploads.  I allowed
ALL protocols to ANY destination.

WAN <-    *  	VONAGE  	*  	 m_High Priority #3 Upload  	 <- Vonage Linksys
Adapter

In case you're wondering about firewall rules, I haven't set any and it just
works.  It's been good for over a year now.  Once every few months though
I'll give the PAP2 some time of its own directly connected to the cable
modem in case it needs to update TFTP or whatnot.

Hope this all helps.

Bait