[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "Don Munyak" <don dot munyak at gmail dot com>
 To:  "Alex Neuman van der Hans" <alex at nkpanama dot com>
 Cc:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] OT: FreeNAS
 Date:  Tue, 9 May 2006 20:19:44 -0400
> > Has anyone tried this yet.  I plan to try it this weekend.  Looks like they
> > have taken the design of m0n0wall and created a NAS.  Looks pretty cool.

I have it setup using a 128mb flash card on IDE-0.
I installed a SIIG IDE raid 1/0 card and put two 80gb drive in RAID-1.
The system works pretty good but has a few bugs which can be read
about at sourceforge.

The only issue I have experienced (0.66) is with RAID-1. After the
drives are sync'd and made available...if you reboot the box for
whatever reason, You have to re-enable the drives. I posted a thread
about this but haven't heard back yet.

Other than that, it's pretty slick.

~Don