[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "Lee Sharp" <leesharp at hal dash pc dot org>
 To:  <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] PIX vs. Monowall
 Date:  Thu, 11 May 2006 10:47:12 -0500
From: "Sea" <seaeric at gmail dot com>

> Thanks everyone!  I agree with all that your saying, I just needed some
> good
> validation that I was thinking things through.

> Has anyone found a good vendor for momwall appliance gear?  I am looking
> for
> something like the soekris.  My cabinet is pretty much full and I don't
> need
> anymore heat :)  I am located in the US/Pacific Northwest so US vendors
> are
> my 1st choice.

I build my own.  I mostly use SFF desktop cases and cheap motherboards, but
if you want small, this is my cheat sheet;

Tiny 2 port system 197.07
Tiny 3 port system 223.08 (Dual LAN MB)
Tiny 3 port system 226.08 (Dual LAN NIC)
Tiny 5 port system 287.07 (Quad LAN NIC)

All system prices without memory.  (Changes too fast)

Very small (appliance like) Case    $67.99
http://www.directron.com/2699r.html

Single ethernet 800mhz board        $108.00
http://www.directron.com/epia800.html
Duel ethernet 1Ghz board               $148.00
http://www.directron.com/epiacl10000.html

Cheap D-Link NIC                        $4.99
http://www.directron.com/dfe530tx.html
Good Intel NIC                            $24.00
http://www.directron.com/inpci1084wla.html
Very nice Intel Duel port NIC        $34.00
http://www.cmishop.com/store/ShowDetails.asp?txtProductName=nic/pila8472-bk&txtMfgPartNo=&nCategorySubID=125&txtSiteTrack=pw
4 Port ethernet with Rhine Chip    $81-95
http://www.wisp-router.com/product_info.php?cPath=30_33&products_id=267 or
http://www.mikrotik.com/interfaces.php#linx0part0

Psudo Hard drive   32mb                 $18.60
http://ec.transcendusa.com/product/ItemDetail.asp?ItemID=TS32MDOM40V
Psudo Hard drive   16mb                 $13.10
http://ec.transcendusa.com/product/ItemDetail.asp?ItemID=TS16MDOM40V