[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Sea <seaeric at gmail dot com>
 To:  "Lee Sharp" <leesharp at hal dash pc dot org>
 Cc:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] PIX vs. Monowall
 Date:  Thu, 11 May 2006 09:16:06 -0700
This is the tech specs from the Netgate box:

*Hardware Description:*

   - *Wireless Router Application Platform 3 LAN/1 MiniPCI Board *
   The new PC Engines WRAP system board provides a cost-effective
   platform for firewall and VPN platforms. It also provides the ability to
   easily load and run additional applications as needed by OEMs and end users.

   - *Performance:* 266 MHz National Geode SC1100 CPU
   - *Memory:* 128 MB SDRAM.
   - *Storage:* 256 MB Sandisk Compact Flash card
   - *Power:*About 3 to 5W at 12V DC (excluding miniPCI cards), supplied
   through DC jack or passive power over Ethernet. Acceptable range +7V to +18V
   DC.
   - *Management:* Watchdog timer built into CPU; LM77 thermal monitor
   stops system on excessive temperature.
   - *OEM expansion:* LPC bus for adding serial ports, ISA style I/O etc.
   I2C bus for user interface, software lock devices, etc.
   - *OEM options:* DRAM size, CPU speed, Ethernet, serial, front panel
   LEDs and switch, custom BIOS adaptation, custom footprints. Contact PC
   Engines for details.
   - *Connectivity:* 3 10/100 Ethernet ports (National DP83816), 1
   miniPCI slot, 1 serial port (console).
   - Aluminum case
   - US 120 VAC/DC 12V 1.0A 20W Switching Power Supply
   - *Software:* tiny BIOS on board. *CF card comes preloaded with
   m0n0wall <http://m0n0.ch/wall/>.* Operating system and application
   software can be changed by customer by reloading the CF card

How does that look in your experience??

Eric