[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Marc Borgers <marc dot borgers at email dot de>
 To:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  VPN implementation error
 Date:  Thu, 11 May 2006 19:03:00 +0200
Hello, why is it impossible to establish a VPN IPsec connection between
two dynamic sites? The server and client IP changes ever 24h, but the
dyndns names are still the same. It seems to me that m0n0wall can't
handle dyndns destinations in the VPN configuration... But I need a VPN
connection between the two m0n0wall boxes asap :'( Please give me a
hint. Is openVPN able to handle dyndns sites? tnx Marc

(Webmaster hasn't received an answer since 15.04.2006.)

Webmaster  has send the following message "VPN Site-to-Site with Dyndns"
on  Apr 15 2006, 8:58 pm.

    From:       Webmaster <webmaster at alth dot de>
    To:      m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
    Subject:      VPN Site-to-Site with Dyndns
    Date:      Sat, 15 Apr 2006 20:58:21 +0200

   Hi Guys,

   i'm running 1.21 and now 1.22 for a few weeks. Its relay a wonderful
   solution.
   But i?m a little bit confused why i can not use a FQDN for the VPN
   IPSec
   Setup.
   It only accepts an IP adress. I have dynamic IPs on both of my sites i
   which to connect so
   i have Dyndns FQDN for both.
   Any one can help my with this trouble?
   thanks