[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Sven Brill <madde at gmx dot net>
 To:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] VPN implementation error
 Date:  Thu, 11 May 2006 13:31:56 -0400
Marc Borgers wrote:

> Hello, why is it impossible to establish a VPN IPsec connection
> between two dynamic sites? The server and client IP changes ever 24h,
> but the dyndns names are still the same. It seems to me that m0n0wall
> can't handle dyndns destinations in the VPN configuration... But I
> need a VPN connection between the two m0n0wall boxes asap :'(

I seem to remember some discussion about that, but not the outcome, as I
have not played with IPSEC in a while for many reasons.
> Please give me a hint. Is openVPN able to handle dyndns sites? tnx Marc
yes, OpenVPN can handle connections to dyndns hosts, if you can read
this email, it works (sending through my machine at home, connected from
a client site via OpenVPN :)). I am using * 1.21-ovpn1 on a generic PC
(CD image, floppy config) from Peter Allgeyer, available here:
*

http://www.protec-t.de/m0n0wall/downloads/

I am using it through TCP rather than UDP (so I can tunnel out at more restrictive sites), but I had
a test setup with UDP, worked like a charm.

Sven