[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "Brian McEntire" <brian dot mcentire at gmail dot com>
 To:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Bridging filtering works with active and passive FTP?
 Date:  Thu, 11 May 2006 14:10:06 -0400
Hi all -
  My first M0n0wall is deployed and I am impressed!

  So, now it's on to the slightly harder firewall I'd like to implement. I
tried this in the past with OpenBSD and the "memoirs of a bridging firewall"
document which is pretty out of date now. It worked well, up until we had to
try to get FTP to pass over the bridging firewall.

  Should monowall be able to handle this?

I have several web and FTP servers I will put on the OPT1 side of the
connection. I'll plug the WAN side of the connection into the router which
is our upstream link. Will these hosts be able to operate both as FTP
clients and FTP servers using both active and passive FTP with monowall
acting as a bridging firewall?