[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "Neil A. Hillard" <m0n0 at dana dot org dot uk>
 To:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] Forwarding inbound WAN packets
 Date:  Thu, 11 May 2006 21:40:54 +0100
Hi,

In message <1147313023 dot 6677 dot 26 dot camel at BROWN1 dot COGECO dot CA>, Kevin Brown
<kevin dot brown at cogeco dot ca> writes
>I am having some problems using m0n0wall 1.22 on a WRAP board (dual
>ethernet) as a router between two private subnets.  Any sort of incoming
>packets on the WAN device are disregarded and not forwarded.  I have the
>firewall set as wide open as possible (all pass on the WAN and LAN) and
>NAT is turned off.  Devices on the LAN side have no problem talking to
>the WAN devices.  The devices on the WAN side (their default gateway is
>pointing to this router) can ping the WAN IP fine, but cannot even reach
>the LAN IP of the router.

OK, you haven't said whether you've changed it or not but have you
unchecked 'Block private networks' on the WAN device (Interfaces: WAN)?
This is assuming that by 'private subnets' you mean RFC1918 addresses.

HTH,

                                Neil.