[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "Chris Buechler" <cbuechler at gmail dot com>
 Cc:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] Questions
 Date:  Fri, 12 May 2006 00:16:01 -0400
On 5/12/06, Jason [WeatherServer] <Jason at weatherserver dot net> wrote:
> Yes thats what I am looking for.
>
> Just one more question. If I use Server Nat and Outbound I can have Outbound
> connections use the public IP I set and yet limit the incoming ports on that
> IP Correct?

Yes, you can accomplish that with server + outbound or 1:1.  Though if
you have enough IP's to use one for each machine you want ports opened
to inbound, 1:1 is much simpler than server + outbound.  When it comes
to firewalls, simpler == more secure, if only because it's much easier
to screw up a complicated config, like server NAT can become.

-Chris