[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  walterpc at mchsi dot com
 To:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  PPTP VPN not working when behind a NAT router
 Date:  Fri, 12 May 2006 04:42:25 +0000
I have been having problems setting up a PPTP VPN connection to my box at home.
I get to the point where it is verifying username and password and then after
sitting for a while it times out with an error 619.

I have tried this on a WinXP computer at work and my laptop at 2 hotspot
locations. I have been able to verify it is working  from my friends house
behind his Linksys router (why it works here and not at a hotspot behind a
Nomadix with iNat VPN support - I don't know)

1 - Is there something that I can change that will allow my box to accept VPN
connections from clients that are NATed or will I have to have a routed or
public IP everytime I connect to it?  I can work with either PPTP or IPSec
2 - Any ideas as to when OpenVPN will be put back into the m0n0wall system. I'd
be happy with a beta version if I could get this to work.  I'm afraid that I
will have to install openVPN on my computer in the LAN and then port forward
traffic to it. But that is one more NIC card to install on my server.

Thanks for any help.