[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "Ramunas" <m0n0 at liongerimai dot lt>
 To:  <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Subject:  RE: [m0n0wall] RE: [m0n0wall-dev] Re: [m0n0wall] Proposal: Management suite for m0n0wall
 Date:  Fri, 12 May 2006 20:54:42 +0300
Well, then question could be "Why write webGUI and create products like
m0n0wall when here is *nix, *nux and *BSD" :)

I myself didn't have much time to learn any of OSes mentioned above. Thats
why I use m0n0wall instead of FreeBSD.
But it would be more comfortable for me to manage my m0n0s from a windows
app rather than using webGUI. Change this, thange that, upload, get response
OK and you're done. The same could be with webGUI, but as you said - there
are people who prefer command line administration. The same here - there are
people who prefer windows app's :)

About cross-platform. Didn't study much, but I know there is MONO (not M0N0
:)) for .NET framework apps to run on *nix based machines. I don't know much
about it so I can't say much about it. Here it is:
http://www.mono-project.com/Main_Page.

Regards
Ramunas