[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "Brian McEntire" <brian dot mcentire at gmail dot com>
 To:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Monowall comparison to Smoothwall Express?
 Date:  Fri, 12 May 2006 23:11:33 -0400
I'm very impressed with Monowall and will probably replace my home f/w
(Smoothwall Express) with it. I am using the DHCP server on Smoothwall and I
see Monowall has that functionality listed as one of it's features.

Has anyone made this switch? Are there any features you used in Smoothwall
that you had to implement somewhere else on your network b/c they weren't
part of Monowall? I'm just looking out for gotchas that might not be obvious
at first glance.