[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Walter PC <walterpc at mchsi dot com>
 To:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] Monowall comparison to Smoothwall Express?
 Date:  Fri, 12 May 2006 22:48:08 -0500
I switched from smoothwall to m0n0wall because I could get my firewall
to get an IP on WAN when the firewall rebooted.  If the cable modem and
firewall rebooted at the same time I would get DHCP WAN IP like it was
supposed to but if I did an update or a change to the box that required
a reboot, it would not renew the IP - upon switching m0n0wall it has
worked flawlessly for me.  After the initial setup and reboot, I had my
m0n0wall up for 150+ days before rebooting it.with not ever a problem.
Only reason I rebooted it then was because I upgraded to the newly
released firmware.
My only desire to see in the future is wireless G support and VPN that
has support for NAT-T such as OpenVPN.  But PPTP VPN works great if you
are not behind a router that blocks GRE traffic like my office server does.

Ken.