[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "MN" <mnelson at nels dash sec dot com>
 To:  <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Subject:  RE: [m0n0wall] Monowall comparison to Smoothwall Express?
 Date:  Fri, 12 May 2006 22:47:36 -0500
m0n0wall does not have the IDS, Squid Proxy, and ssh (natively) access.
Otherwise m0n0wall is rock solid and without bloat. The DHCP is just as easy
to run on m0n0wall as it is on Smoothwall.
You will need to run the IDS and Squid processing elsewhere if you want to
run m0n0wall on a small package like the Soekris/Wrap boards.

Note: If you're looking for more stuff and in a FreeBSD box, look at
pFsense.  If want it all on a Linux box, try Endian firewall rather than
Smoothwall.