[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "Jeroen Visser" <monowall at forty dash two dot nl>
 Cc:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] Stray IRQ 7 all of a sudden.
 Date:  Mon, 15 May 2006 11:03:19 +0200
On Fri, 12 May 2006 11:04:24 -0400, Chris Buechler wrote

> I'd check the system log as soon as you boot it up (if you can get it
> to stay up that long) and see what's using IRQ 7.  My guess is that
> you won't see anything there.  IIRC, m0n0wall doesn't include parallel
> port support in the kernel, so if your parallel port is enabled in the
> BIOS, the system may see chatter on IRQ 7 and since it doesn't have a
> device on IRQ 7 since there isn't LPT support, it'll log stray IRQ
> messages.

Thanks Chris for the reply.

All extra hardware should be disabled in the BIOS but I still get this message in
the logs. However, it's up and running right now. I will replace the firewall as
soon as possible with all new hardware. Shall I keep the list updated on the
results? I suspect the message has nothing to do with the failing of the firewall
itself and I think there might be another hardware issue here.

Tracing the logs of our ISP, which they emailed me, gave me another option. It
might be a failing network card, since the ISP gets the message "Recieved
incomplete MAC address". But this does not explain why the complete firewall,
including the other NIC's is unreachable.

I'll google around for it for a moment.

--
Jeroen Visser.