[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  dan <haguru at gmail dot com>
 To:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  PPTP questions
 Date:  Thu, 18 May 2006 08:47:23 -0400
Hello,

1) I am strongly considering switching from an external SonicWall SOHO vpn
appliance (ipsec) to the internal pptp server m0n0wall offers.  I have been
testing the PPTP server, and it seems to be pretty stable, but I am a little
concerned about the security aspect.  Most whitepapers discussing PPTP
security mention that it is fairly easy to compromise this protocol.  I do
enforce 128 bit security, but would like more details on how secure this
protocol really is.  Also, are there any other reasons why I shouldn't
migrate to PPTP?

2) I configured the PPTP server to use our radius server (IAS on a win2k AD
box), and it looks like I can't assign static ip addresses when using
radius.  Is this assumption correct, or did I miss something obvious?

Thanks!