[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Graham Freeman <graham dot freeman at cernio dot com>
 To:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  syslog to remote host only - not local?
 Date:  Wed, 17 May 2006 01:22:09 -0700
Hi, folks,

I'd like to log as much as possible (e.g. activity blocked by the
default firewall rule), but I don't want to wear out my CF card
earlier than I have to.  Can I log everything to a remote syslog
server, and nothing (or next to nothing) on the local m0n0wall hardware?

Based on 10 minutes of testing parameters (v1.22 on a net4801) and
reading the list archives, I think I can't do what I'm trying to do.
But I'd like to be wrong.  :)

Thanks,

Graham Freeman
Cernio Technology Cooperative