[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "Lee Sharp" <leesharp at hal dash pc dot org>
 To:  <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] Re: MAC address problems?
 Date:  Thu, 18 May 2006 11:46:53 -0500
From: "Molle Bestefich" <molle dot bestefich at gmail dot com>

> I have a somewhat ready source of IP1xx boxes though,
> but otherwise I think you're right.

> Lee Sharp wrote:
> > Several solutions here.  One, copy your CF card.  Two, copy your config,
> > and
> > write it to another CF card with m0n0wall.  Three, make a custom image
> > with
> > your config as default.

> Wouldn't work if the interfaces on whatever new hardware I get do not
> match the old ones.  Then I'm back to doing what I described.

But you said you have a bunch of the IP110s, so they will match.  You only
get that problem if cards move, which can't happen on embedded cards.

> It would be much nicer with a solution like <insert whatever solution
> you like to make software-MAC ethernet adapters work correctly> as an
> integral part of m0n0wall.

A lot of work for an eBay platform. :-)  But sounds fun!

> Mounting the generic-pc-1.22.img under Linux gives me nothing:

I would recommend starting a new thread with this.  However, commands to
mount a image...

unzip and mount the image file;
 gunzip -S ".img" generic-pc-1.22.img
 vnconfig vn1 generic-pc-1.22 && mount /dev/vn1 /mnt/vn1
 gunzip -c /mnt/vn1/mfsroot.gz > mfsroot
 vnconfig vn2 mfsroot && mount /dev/vn2 /mnt/vn2