[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "Josh Simoneau" <jsimoneau at lmtcs dot com>
 To:  <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Subject:  Traffic shaping over VPN for VoIP?
 Date:  Thu, 18 May 2006 14:20:45 -0400
Greetings,

I wasn't able to get a definite answer searching through the archives,
maybe someone here can tell me if they have had success with this. We
want to put an VoIP server at one location, and then have two remote
locations connect to this over a VPN. Each location will have its own
private subnet. I want to ensure that m0n0wall is capable of doing
traffic shaping (is this considered QoS or is there something special
about traffic shaping that keeps it from using the QoS label?) over the
VPN connection so that voice calls remain the highest priority. We will
be using standard SIP stuff.

I have done many m0n0wall VPNs and many traffic shaping configurations,
but never traffic shaping over the VPN. I just want to be 100% sure this
will work before I move forward with the project.

Many Thanks,
Josh Simoneau
Inventor of Electricity