[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "John Stoffel" <john at stoffel dot org>
 To:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  SNMP to monitor WAN IP (got via DHCP)?
 Date:  Thu, 18 May 2006 14:49:10 -0400
Hi,

I'm happily using 1.2b7 on a WRAP board, and generally it's just up
and working all the time.  What I'd like to do is setup someway to
have the m0n0wall tell me when the DHCP address it gets from my Cable
Modem provider changes.

I turned on SNMP on the Wrap, and I can do snmpwalk on it, but it's
not showing me an OID that's easily relateable to the IP on the WAN
interface.

Yes, I do see the sis0 interface OID index, but looking for the IP
address which I know is currently setup for the WAN doesn't work as
well.

Any suggestions?  I figure a perl script (or csh) which emails my
phone when the IP changes will be simple to implement once I know I
can track it properly.

Thanks,
John