[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "Jeroen Visser" <monowall at forty dash two dot nl>
 To:  Graham Freeman <graham dot freeman at cernio dot com>, m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] syslog to remote host only - not local?
 Date:  Wed, 17 May 2006 10:36:55 +0200
On Wed, 17 May 2006 01:22:09 -0700, Graham Freeman wrote
> I'd like to log as much as possible (e.g. activity blocked by the
> default firewall rule), but I don't want to wear out my CF card
> earlier than I have to.  Can I log everything to a remote syslog
> server, and nothing (or next to nothing) on the local m0n0wall hardware?

Graham,

As far as I know, m0n0wall does not store it's logs on the CF card. It's a
rotating memory only syslog application. You cannot disable the local logs I
think, but since this is memory only, it should not wear out your CF.

Remote syslogging can be enabled in the Diagnostics -> Log -> Settings page.

--
Jeroen Visser.