[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "Noah Dain" <noahdain at gmail dot com>
 To:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  bridging ath0 with sis0 ( netgate powerg8 )
 Date:  Thu, 18 May 2006 15:31:01 -0400
I'm looking for information on how to bridge a wireless interface to
the wan (ethernet) interface.  This is for netgate powerg8 wrap boxes
with atheros wifi chips:
http://www.netgate.com/product_info.php?manufacturers_id=20&products_id=158&osCsid=7df3bb27870970eb8dd07f2eb71b8e4e

I have some sites which currently have a captive portal system in
place (chillispot on linux) and are using waps in a transparent
wireless-to-wired bridged mode to provide wireless access to users.
Due to being incredibly underwhelmed with current wireless devices in
place, I'm working on moving to netgate powerg8 wrap boxes for new
installations and possibly to replace some already installed systems
as well.

I'd like to keep the current system design using the "transparent"
waps and a single captive portal box to control access.  Mainly
because it's working well and I'd like to keep components and
configurations as similar as possible across sites.

--
Noah Dain