[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "John Stoffel" <john at stoffel dot org>
 To:  "John Stoffel" <john at stoffel dot org>
 Cc:  "Lee Sharp" <leesharp at hal dash pc dot org>, <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] SNMP to monitor WAN IP (got via DHCP)?
 Date:  Thu, 18 May 2006 16:17:03 -0400
Lee> Why not just use one of the many free dynamic DNS providers?  I
Lee> have been very happy with www.dyndns.com and have 30+ routers on
Lee> them.  And it is more likely to work than trying to prune a dead
Lee> tree. :-) (1.2b7 is based on 3 versions back from current, 1.11)

Quick update, I'm actually running 1.2b10 right now, which I will
update soon...

John> Good idea.  I should really do this, it would be simpler.  Now
John> to figure out the update client to use.

And I've now done this as well.  Muy excellente!  Thanks for the
prodding all.  :]  Ok, so it was my own damm fault for not re-reading
the manual again.  A big thanks to all who helped implement this into
m0n0wall.

John