[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "Josh Simoneau" <jsimoneau at lmtcs dot com>
 To:  <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Subject:  RE: [m0n0wall] Traffic shaping over VPN for VoIP?
 Date:  Thu, 18 May 2006 19:10:02 -0400
Marc,

Thank you for you excellent reply. The VPN will be IPSEC
monowall-to-monowall in a star configuration connecting remote locations
to the central office with the SIP server. So it would seem that I can
do traffic shaping on the WAN interface. I believe my scenerio is much
like yours. Currently the site is using non-monowall devices that do not
support QoS and it is causing problems with voice quality. I wanted to
be sure the m0n0wall solution would work before convincing them to swap
out their equipment.

Regards,
Josh Simoneau