[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "Michael Whitby" <m dot whitby at gmail dot com>
 To:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] Traffic shaping over VPN for VoIP?
 Date:  Fri, 19 May 2006 19:51:37 +0100
Marc,

This is certainly interesting! I beleived that this was not possible due to
comments received by other m0n0wall users so what you have said certainly
makes me interested, I am in the same position as Josh and wish to have
m0n0wall's at all sites in a star toplogy toa central office, all will be
linked via IPSEC from the m0n0wall devices - it sounds like you are saying I
can just use the traffic shaper perfectly as normal and apply all shaping
rules to the WAN interface and this will shape the traffic inside the tunnel
aswell as traffic not in the tunnel, therefore to distinguish between
traffic in the tunnel and traffic outside of it I could just specify remote
subnets in the rules so that only traffic destined to the other subnets gets
matched?

cheers,
Michael